The UNM-Gallup Local Board is comprised of elected citizens of McKinley County who are interested in higher education. Each member services a four-year term. Terms are staggered so there is an election every two years. They are an advisory board to the UNM Regents.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Advisory Board in relation to the operation of the Gallup Campus include the following:
- Act as an advisory board to the Board of Regents in all matters pertaining to the conduct of the Gallup Campus.
- Approve an annual budget for the Gallup Campus for recommendation to the Board of Regents.
- Provide approval and certification for the tax levy, as required by state law, to the McKinley County Commission.
- Call election for tax levies for the Gallup Campus, after approval of the Board of Regents.
- Call Elections for Advisory Board positions pursuant to the Branch Community College Act, Section 21-14-2.1, NMSA 1978.
Local Board Meetings
|April 4||1:00 P.M.||Director's Conference Room||04.04.17 Agenda|
|June 20||1:00 P.M.||Director's Conference Room||06.20.17 Agenda|