Become a Lobo. Check.
Is your mind racing just thinking about everything you need to get done before this deadline or that deadline? We wouldn’t be surprised if it were. This handy checklist will help organize your thoughts and keep up on track. Okay, let’s do this.
- Grades: Finish strong. Don’t get too comfortable in your final year or high school. Students who finish big tend to start college strong.
- Coursework: Have you taken everything you need to take? Talk to a guidance counselor. Make sure you’re ready for the transition to college.
- ACT & SAT: UNM-Gallup doesn’t require ACT or SAT scores for admission, but scores can be used for placement purposes. So be ready. Study. Remember your highest scores are the ones that count.
Applications are accepted until two weeks before the start of each term.
- Apply: Submit and online application by the deadline for the term you want to start. Or send a hard-copy application . Hint: online applications will get a faster response.
- Official Transcripts: Have schools/colleges send official transcripts directly to: UNM-Gallup Office of Admissions, 705 Gurley Ave., Gallup, NM 87301
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Placement Exam: For those who haven’t taken the ACT or SAT, take the Placement exam at UNM-Gallup testing center, no appointment necessary, M-F 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- NetID and Password: Create your NetID and Password at netid.unm.edu
- Academic Advisors: Plan your schedule with an Academic Advisor. Review the Academic Advisement webpage
- New Student Orientation: Schedule your new student orientation by calling 505.863.7760
|Student Success Team||Student Services Technology Center (SSTC)||(505) 863-7500|
|Admissions/Registration||SSTC 221||(505) 863-7524|
|Lobo Card Center||GH B230||(505) 863-7755|
|Financial Aid||SSTC 223||(505) 863-7663|
|Academic Advisement||SSTC 226||(505) 863-7706|
|Testing Center||SSTC 226||(505) 863-7706|
|Parking Permit||GH 1205|