Become a Student
1. Admissions SSTC 221 * 505-863-7524
- Complete Application Form.
- Associates Degree's only: Pay $15 application fee.
- Request & submit all Official GED, High School and/or College Transcripts to Admissions Office.
- Once fully admitted a UNM ID number is assigned - keep it with you. This may also be called your Banner Number.
2. Financial Aid SSTC 223 * 505-863-7663
- Request FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number) at www.pin.ed.gov .See Financial Aid to determine if parent will require pin.
- File FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov .
- Check with Financial Aid Office to determine file is complete (5-10 days after filing FAFSA).
- UNM Federal School Code: 002663
3. Placement Testing SSTC 226 * 505-863-7706
- Set up an appointment to take the placement exam.
- Take results to your Academic Advisor.
4. UNM NET ID
- Create UNM Net ID and password at http://netid.unm.edu (24-hour waiting period).
- Additional UNM Net ID information located on the back side
5-A. Advisement SSTC 226 * 505-863-7706
- Bring Compass Placement results or ACT/SAT scores.
- Bring Admissions Letter and/or UNM ID number
- Work with Academic Advisor to plan schedule of classes. Bring "Schedule Proposal for Advisement".
- Run and bring degree audit report (Lobo Trax).
5-B Academic Catalog
- Plan to meet with Faculty Advisor, Department Chair or Program Coordinator.
6. Orientation SSTC 223 * 505-863-7706
- All new students are required to attend New Student Orientation.
- Check with the Advisement Center for dates and times.
- 'Holds' needs to be suspended to allow you to enroll in classes.
- Space is limited call to confirm your seat.
8. Registration SSTC 221 * 505-863-7524
- Register online at http://my.unm.edu
- Restricted courses: See your Academic Advisor.
- Closed course: Waitlist available through LoboWeb.
9. LOBO Card GH B228 * 505-863-7755
- Lobo Card is the official UNM ID card to gain access to university services.
- Get your Lobo Card by visiting the Registration Office.
- Bring your class schedule and government issued photo identification.
10. Payment / Refund
- Check Financial Aid status at http://my.unm.edu
- Check account balance.
- If balance due, make payments at Cashier's office.
- If refund due from Financial Aid, set up direct deposit (Instructions on the back).
- Enroll for VA benefits at http://benefits.va.gov/gibill/
11. Parking Permit GH 1123 * 505-863-7620
- Bring your driver's license, updated vehicle registration, insurance card, and class schedule to campus police.
- Updates and/or last minute changes to class schedule.
- Wait-list updates.
- View LoboMail notifications.
SSTC: Student Services & Technology Center.
GH: Gurley Hall