Department Chair & Supervisor Cleaning & Safety Responsibilities
Each unit or department is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of all persons within their space: employees, students, and visitors. Managers and supervisors should ensure that proper guidelines are followed for face coverings/mask and that personnel and students adhere to the guidelines put out by the University. All departments should keep a supply of disposable face masks for visitors, employees, and vendors on an emergency or temporary basis. Disposable masks may be ordered from Safety and Risk Services at https://srs.unm.edu/. Departments may also order masks through LoboMart.
- Arrange workplaces to provide for a minimum of six feet of distance between individuals. Personnel office spaces will be limited to 25% capacity to allow for appropriate social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Design office schedules to accommodate remote work and to support social distancing in the office space.
- Close common areas where personnel or students are likely to congregate or modify them to minimize contact.
- Provide for meetings to take place remotely whenever possible, even for participants who may be in the same building.
- Coordinate routine and regular disinfection of common contact sites (keyboards, monitors and touch screens, door handles, multi-user equipment, etc.).
- Share training to encourage the use of tools that will reduce viral spread, including software tools for telecommuting and virtual meetings, new office housekeeping processes, and new ways of conducting business that minimize contact.
- Develop a gradual approach to bringing people back to campus while remaining flexible to all the various situations they are currently encountering (i.e., health issues, childcare, etc.).
- Communicate plans and protocols regularly and clearly.