Facilities Management will continue to clean public areas, including floors, restrooms, stairwells, hallways, lobbies, waiting areas, and conference rooms. Individuals will take ownership of cleaning personal spaces. Cleaning and disinfecting common and shared areas will be the responsibility of departments and units. Supervisors will develop and communicate a clear plan and assignment of responsibilities for this using your existing office staff.
Units should stock critical housekeeping supplies (e.g., hand sanitizer dispensers located in multiple areas, cleaning supplies, paper towels, gloves, etc. in stock). They should also stock some disposable masks for vendors, guests, and employees who may not have them. UNM will ensure all necessary supplies or appropriate substitutes are available to purchase through LoboMart.
Common/Shared Areas—To be disinfected at least 3x/day (opening, midday, closing and as needed):
- Entrance doors—interior and exterior doorknobs
- Light switch plates
- Office doors—exterior doorknobs
- Paper towel dispenser
- Sink—exterior edging and faucet handles
- Coffee pot and other small appliances
- Microwave keypad and door (to be cleaned after each use)
- Refrigerator door handle
- Copier keypad
- Hand sanitizer dispenser
Personal Space Areas —To be disinfected at least 2x/day or as needed:
- Office door—interior doorknobs
- Desktop and tabletops
- Keyboard and mouse
- Chair handles
- Filing cabinet handles
- Upper cabinet/flipper handles
- Clean microwave keypad and door after you use it
Departments are advised to secure and safeguard these important supplies at the end of each business day.