Assembly Operations Committee
- The elected officers (President, Vice-President, and Secretary) and three (3) additional Assembly members elected by the full Senate shall be the members of the committee.
- The President of the Senate shall serve as Chairperson of the Senate Operations Committee.
- The Parliamentarian serves in a non-voting advisory capacity as required.
- Perform basic administrative functions to facilitate the work of the Assembly and the Assembly committees.
- Establish priorities and set agenda for Senate meetings
- Transmit to the Assembly, with recommendations for adoption or rejection, all reports, recommendations and proposals received from other Senate committees. In performing this function, the Operations Committee shall not change committee recommendations or proposals without the approval of the originating committee. It may present its own recommendations to the Senate, with those of the originating committee, for final Senate approval.
- Distribute the scheduling of all Senate committee meetings and related activities.
- Study Assembly procedures and structure, and make recommendations for their improvement.
- Refer reports, recommendations or proposals submitted by a Assembly committee to another Assembly committee or directly to a University administrator or other officer if additional comment appears to be needed.
- Function as a “committee on committees.”
Operations Committee meets once a month, at least 5 days before each Faculty Senate Meeting.