State of NM Scholarships
State Student Incentive Grant (SSIG)
NM Student Incentive Grant is for resident undergraduate students with substantial financial need who are attending public and private non-profit institutions in New Mexico.
Duration: Grant is for a period of one year and may be renewed on an annual basis or until the student graduates with a bachelor’s degree from an eligible institution.
Eligibility: NM Resident, Enrolled at least half time as an undergraduate student, Demonstrate financial need as determined by college or university, and has completed a HS diploma or GED. FAFSA required before UNM Priority Deadline of March 1st.
College Affordability Grant (CAG)
The College Affordability Grant is in place to encourage New Mexico students with financial need, who do not qualify for other state grants and scholarships, to attend and complete educational programs at a New Mexico public college or university.
Duration: The grant is for a period of one year and may be renewed on an annual basis or until the student graduates with a bachelor's degree from an eligible institution.
Eligibility: NM Resident, Enrolled at least half time, Demonstrate financial need and Has completed a HS Diploma or GED.
FAFSA required before UNM Priority Deadline of March 1st.
The Bridge to Success Scholarship - Gallup
First academic semester is Bridge and is a determining factor on receiving the NM Legislative Lottery Scholarship the next term. No application is required.
Recipients must meet the following requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited New Mexico high school or receive a GED®.
- Be considered a New Mexico resident.
- Enroll full-time in a Certificate or Associate program the first regular semester after high school graduation or receipt of GED®.
- Complete high school with a 2.5 grade point average.
Important: Students who do not complete 12 credit hours with a 2.5 grade point average their first semester, will not be eligible for the New Mexico Lottery Success Scholarship.
There is no deadline and students need not apply to this program. If a student is qualified, their admissions application is all that is needed. The Financial Aid Office will automatically award the scholarship. If you believe you qualify and the scholarship is not appearing on your account, please notify the Financial Aid Office and it will be determined if you are eligible.
NM Legislative Lottery Scholarship
Is a renewable full-tuition award, which may be received for up to four consecutive semesters (8 semesters, if in a Bachelors degree program), beginning the student's second semester in college. The qualifying semester for this scholarship student's first semester in college. No application is required.
- Be a NM resident and U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Graduate from a NM public (or accredited NM private, high school or receive a NM GED®.
- Enroll full-time in a public New Mexico college or university's degree-seeking program the first regular semester after high school graduation.
- Earn at least 12 credit hours with a minimum 2.5 grade point average during the first semester in college.
Amount for AY1516 is: $431.79
There is no deadline and students need not apply to this program. It is automatic if a student completes the necessary criteria. If you feel you should be getting the NM Lottery Scholarship and it is not appearing on your account, contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Ineligible for NM Lottery Success Scholarship.
- Tuition for one semester.
- Must be officially accepted into a UNM certificate or associate degree program.
- Must enroll at least half-time (6 credit hours for fall/spring terms).
- Renewable for one semester depending on the availability of funds.
Application not required. Automatically awarded to students who meet the requirements (NM resident, officially admitted into a certificate or degree, high school graduate or earned NM GED ®, cumulative UNM GPA of 3.0 or better)