UNM-G NM Scholarships
Provides up to $50.00 to $1500.00, fall/spring scholarships annually to students.
Applicants Must Be:
- A cooperative member and/or a member's dependent
- A fulltime student with a semester GPA of 2.5 or better
- Attend a college or university in the state in which they reside (NM or AZ)
Deadline: May 1st
Continental Divide Electric Education Foundation
P.O. Box 1087
Grants, New Mexico 87020
Provides up to 20 scholarships, each a minimum of $500.00.
Criteria and Information
- Applicant must work for a long term care facility that is a member of the American Health Care Association (AHCA) for the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL)
- Applicant must be enrolled in/accepted to an accredited LPN or RN school or nursing program
- Applicant must submit three letters of recommendation
- Applicant must submit written personal statements describing interest and experience in long term care
- Scholarship recipients/winners must submit a written essay that links what they have learned academically with their work experience in long term care
Deadline: June 15
National Foundation for Long Term Health Care
1201 L Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
The Red Rock Rally Association offers a $500.00 scholarship for the Fall and Spring semesters to a UNM Gallup student pursuing an Associates or Bachelors degree in Health Careers.
Scholarship selection is determined by the Red Rock Balloon Rally Association
- Must be enrolled full time in an Associates or Bachelors degree program
- Applicant must have completed at least 12 credit hours at the college level, with a minimum 3.0 CGPA (submit copy of 24-hours unofficial transcript)
- Must have a completed financial aid file, and demonstrate financial need. (request financial needs analysis from Financial Aid Office)
- Must submit a one-page essay regarding educational and career goals, special achievements and/or activities
Fall Deadline: July 15th
Spring Deadline: December 15th
Red Rock Balloon Rally Association
Gallup, NM 87301
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards (formerly the Women’s Opportunity Awards) assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Deadline: November 15th, 2018
Soroptimist International of Gallup
c/o Jeri Begay
1504 Diamond Circle
Gallup, NM 87301
Phone: (505) 721-9121
The Michael S. Currier Scholarship Fund provides renewable scholarships to low-income students from twelve New Mexico counties that are pursuing an undergraduate degree and demonstrate exceptional talent, innovative thinking, and/or creativity in a specific field of study
The Michael S. Currier Scholarship Fund will award two scholarships per year up to $15,000.00 each (award amounts are determined according to education costs and applicants' Student Aid Report)
- Must be a current resident of Santa Fe, Rio Arriba, Taos, Sandoval, San Juan, Colfax, Union, McKinley, San Miguel, Harding, Los Alamos or Mora County
- Must be a graduating high school senior or recent recipient of a GED (within 24 months)
- Must be a full-time student as defined by the educational institution the applicant is attending
- Demonstrate exceptional skills, ability or talent in a chosen field of study
- Demonstrate creativity, innovative thinking, or entrepreneurialism
- Demonstrate commitment to community service work
- Demonstrate financial need
Deadline: March 30
Scholarships are awarded in May of each year.
A $1,000.00 scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate Native American students pursuing Journalism, Broadcast Engineering, Broadcasting, Communications, Marketing, Management and Accounting degrees at an accredited College, University or accredited Specialty Broadcast School. A separate scholarship is available to participate in an Internship Program with Native Broadcast Enterprise for educational credit, upon approval by the student’s educational institution.
Incomplete applications will not be processed, so make sure to include all with your application:
- Letter of Admission from an Accredited College, University, or Broadcast School.
- Personal Essay - Provide (a) introduction of yourself; (b) type of degree sought; (c) professional aspirations; and (d) work experience.
- One copy of unofficial school transcript(s) from all institutions attended.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic advisor, counselor or a professional individual familiar with your background and skills. Letters should include (a) how long and in what capacity the reference has known the applicant; (b) description of applicant’s academic accomplishments, leadership qualities, and extracurricular activities.
- Proof of enrollment of a federally-recognized Tribe or Nation (Certificate of Indian Blood or enrollment card).
- Scholarship Application.
Mail Application and Supporting Documents to:
Native Broadcast Enterprise
Attn: 2015 Fall Semester Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 2569
Window Rock, Arizona 86515
For More Information:
Deadline: Postmarked or submitted by July 31, 2015 4:00pm MDST Employees and immediate family members (spouse, children, siblings, step-family members) of KTNN, KWRK and its Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
Deadline: June 15, 2015
A complete General Scholarship Application must include the following:
- A comprehensive statement expressing your educational goals, personal philosophy and motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- A complete list/directory of student organization(s), extra-curricular activities, volunteer and community service experiences.
- Unofficial UNM Transcript (Applicants must have attended UNM for a minimum of 1 semester to be eligible for consideration.)
- Certificate of Indian Blood and/or Proof of Tribal Enrollment in one of New Mexico’s 22 tribes (see Section 2 of application).
- Any additional documentation you feel pertinent to your application.
** New Mexico Pueblo and Navajo Scholars Scholarship applicants attending the UNM-Gallup Campus receive priority consideration based on Donor preferences.**
UNM American Indian Student Services
Mesa Vista Hall Room 1119
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Phone 505.277.6343/ Fax 505.277.0033
There will be three, $1000.00 scholarships awarded, for each category
- Higher Achiever - GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Potential Achiever - GPA of 2.0 to 2.9
- Graduate Student
- Non-Traditional (adversity)
To be eligible:
- Must be Hispanic
- Must attend in-state college
- Applications must be received by June 1st
Public Service Company of New Mexico
Alvarado Square MS-2204
Albuquerque, NM 87158
Hispanic Heritage: PH: 505.241.4481
RADS mission is to increase the number of students entering college to pursue a degree in the Associate of Science program offered at the UNM Gallup campus. Student will have the opportunity to be members of the American Indian Science & Engineering Society (AISES) and also provide scholarships, internships and conferences.
Fall 2017- September 29, 2017
Spring 2018- February 23, 2017
- Must be full-time
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Must have completion of the College Success course offered at UNM-G with a B or better
- Must be admitted into an Associate of Science program (specifically in the Pre-Engineering or Physical Science field).
THE REHOBOTH-MCKINLEY CHRISTIAN HEALTH CARE SERVICES AUXILIARY awards scholarships each Fall and Spring semester. Preference is given to McKinley County residents.
Applications are available at the RMCHCS Hospital Information desk and the UNM Gallup Financial Aid Office.
Scholarship selection is determined by the RMCH Auxiliary Scholarship Committee.
Fall: June 22, 2018
Spring: January 4, 2019
- Must have completed at least 12 college credit hours
- Must have minimum GPA of 2.0 based on a 4.0 scale
- Must be a full time student
- Pursuing medical or health profession
- Must have a financial need
- Must be in good academic standing
Applications must include:
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- letter of recommendation
- a brief written statement
- a financial need analysis (request from the Financial Aid Office of your university or college.)
1901 Red Rock Drive
Gallup, NM 87301
The continental Divide Electric Education Foundation offers a $500.00 scholarship to a UNM-Gallup student
- Applicant must be attending UNM-Gallup
- Applicant must be a full time student with a semester GPA of 2.0 or better
- Applicant must submit a Financial Needs Analysis showing financial need
- Applicant must submit copy of Official Transcript
Deadline: May 1st
Continental Divide Electric Co-op
P.O. Box 1087
Grants, NM 87020
The UNM Gallup Student Senate offers ten $500.00 scholarships in Fall and Spring. No more than three scholarships may be awarded to upper division or bachelor-seeking students.
Deadline: Please check with Student Senate or Financial Aid Office
- Applicant must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program. Non-degree and unclassified students are ineligible.
- Applicant must have completed at least twelve (12) credit hours at the college level.
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 and submit a copy of an unofficial transcript.
- Applicants are required to submit an essay: with a cover sheet with name, e-mail, phone number and date submitted. One page essay in Times New Roman, 12-point font, 1 inch margins all around, 1.5-line spacing. The essay must include the following;
- Educational and career goals
- Special achievements and awards
- Campus involvement is required
- Financial need is not a consideration for this scholarship.
For Student Senate Applicants:
A self-evaluation essay must be submitted along with the Scholarship Qualifications. The self-evaluation essay must include the following:
- Description of partial or full responsibility for at least one major Student Senate project per semester
- Amount of time spent on Student Senate projects outside of regular meetings
- Active participation in regular meetings, as well as punctuality for meetings