The process for requesting and obtaining usage of UNM-Gallup facilities for internal groups has been updated in order to provide the best service possible to UNM-G individuals and groups needing space for a fund raiser, lecture, meeting or any other event. While the function will remain housed within the Public Relations Office, greater care is being taken to make sure all relevant departments are involved in the assessment of need and assignment of space. Thanks to the work of our Facilities Committee, we are introducing a stream-lined process to match requests with space availability while protecting our educational mission. The following steps should be undertaken when requesting usage of a UNM-G facility:
- Two weeks prior to your event, contact April Coonsis (505) 863-7687 or email@example.com to request a facilities usage form;
- Complete the appropriate facilities usage form including departmental approval signatures; Be sure to include all information including the number of people expected, as well as any Physical Plant and/or IT/AV needs;
- April will research available space(s) and contact you to let you know if your request has been approved;
- All work orders for the physical plant and the IT department will be submitted from the Public Relations Department as a service to assist with your request;
- We kindly ask that groups/individuals not include the location of the event/meeting/training until a final approval is received from the Public Relations Department via email and/or phone call.
Due to the large number of requests made, as well as our commitment to not inconvenience instructors and students, it could take up to two weeks to service your request and make an assignment. Many times it will not take that long, but in an effort to make sure we are not double-booking and that all supporting units have a chance to review and approve each request, it is strongly recommended that you allow 10 working days to process your request. It may be the case that your first choice of space is not available, but we can usually make a recommendation as to another suitable space. Please note that we do not schedule individual conference rooms as those should be managed by the specific departments in which they are housed.
We are very happy to facilitate these requests and believe they enrich the services available to our internal and external community. Thank you for allowing us to accommodate your request in a way that maximizes the use of our campus spaces. We look forward to working with you!