Committee on Teaching Excellence
|Tracy Lassiter (Chair)||2017-2018|
|Total Members: 7|
Charge of the Committee
The purpose of the Teaching Excellence Committee shall be to encourage and support quality teaching. The TEC will in no way infringe upon the academic freedom of faculty members in searching for or imparting knowledge. The functions of the committee shall include, but not be limited to, formulating and recommending policy to enhance teaching methods and curriculum development, reviewing and recommending the use of contemporary and developing tools including technology for teaching quality and productivity.
- Membership shall consist of seven (7) members including an elected chair with a maximum of two (2) faculty members from any single division.
- Membership is limited to a three-year term.
- A committee quorum consists of one-half of the members present, which is four (4) members, including the chair.
- Committee chair shall be elected by the committee, and shall serve for no more than two (2) years.
- The committee shall meet on a monthly basis.
- No meetings will be held in May or December