Transfer Scholarships (Residents)

UNM Legislative Endowed Scholarship Program

  • Preference given to returning or transfer students.
  • New Mexico Scholarship Transfer Transcript is required
  • Must demonstrate eligibility for financial aid
  • Must be enrolled at least half-time
  • Must be a New Mexico resident and a U.S. citizen (permanent or a resident alien)
  • 30 transferable hours with a combined transfer GPA of 3.25 or higher
  • Must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA)

Zia Transfer Scholarship

UNM Transfer Scholarship

UNM Presidential Branch Transfer

  • Incoming UNM Branch Campus Transfer students who have previous academic and citizenship skills
  • Earned GPA at a minimum of 3.5
  • Associate degree completion or equivalent
  • Leadership potential including resume, statement of goals and educational philosophy and list of extracurricular activities and awards

A complete transfer scholarship application must include the following

  1. Must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the school year applying for.
  2. Must have applied for admissions to UNM.
  3. Must submit official college transcript(s) to the Transfer Admissions Office (505.277.2439), including your most recent semester completed.


For students entering the Fall semester, the deadline is May 15.
For students entering the Spring semester, the deadline is January 10.