Stay Close Go Far! The Zuni Campus is part of the UNM-Gallup branch system. It serves the Zuni community and surrounding rural communities, including Ramah. The campus allows Zuni students to prepare for the GED®, take courses or complete degrees without leaving their community.
The Zuni Campus goal is to continue to serve the Zuni community by:
- Expanding educational opportunities, such as offering more individual courses in general subject areas and early childhood courses
- Adding to the two year programs offerings, including a Business Entrepreneurial Program.
- Offering more courses through distance education
- Offering more convenient transportation to the Gallup campus
- Dual enrollment is offered. Students can earn high school and college credit at the same time. For example, students may choose to take English 101 and choose the vocational programs offered such as construction.
- Two lab rooms are available for students' use.
Current Programs & Courses
- Zuni currently offers many courses that allow students to meet basic general education course requirements before completing their degrees at the Gallup campus; those courses include English, math, sociology, psychology, health, education, business, music, and history.
- Construction Tech is the only two-year degree that can be completed on the Zuni campus at this time.
- Open a lunch-on-campus for students, staff, and community
- Provide more on-campus two-year degrees
- Provide distance education courses to allow students to complete Bachelor degrees.
Links to the Zuni Community:
- Construction and Technology Club. This club is part of the National Skills USA. In 2008 the Zuni Campus club won honors.
- Astronomy Club
- Student Senate