Running, hiking, biking, and brewing beer
- Ph.D., University of Florida, 2013: History
- M.A., University of Florida, 2011: History
- B.A.s, Ashland University, 2008: History, Philosophy, Political Science
- HIST 101: Western Civilization to 1648
- HIST 102: Western Civilization post 1648
- HIST 182: Modern Latin America
- Courses including: Western Civilization surveys (Ancient to Medieval, Renaissance to Enlightenment, French Revolution to the Present), History of the Holocaust, The Jewish Holocaust, American Foreign Policy (1914-Present)
- 2017 - Remapping Modern Germany after National Socialism, 1945-1961. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, 2017.
- 2015 - "He 'never loomed as a researcher': a Historical Study of Armin K. Lobeck and the Value of Excellent Teaching" in American Educational History Journal, Vol. 42, No. 1 (2015), 257-269.
- 2013 - "Why Star Trek's Cartography is so Stellar, or How the Borg Mapped/Changed Everything" in Star Trek & History, ed. Nancy Reagin. New York: Wiley & Sons, 2013.
- 2012 - "Disseminating the Maps of a Postwar World: A Case Study of the University of Florida's Participation in Government Depository Programs" in Journal of Map & Geography Libraries, Vol. 8, No. 1 (January 2012), pp. 5-20.
- 2010 - "Avoiding the 'Update': Thinking-Through Tele-visual Cartography" in gnovis, Issue 10.2 (Spring 2010).
- 2010 - "Postwar Cartography and the Struggle to Build (and Destroy) the World Picture: A Few Cast Studies" in The Portolan, Issue 77 (Spring 2010), pp. 37-46.
- Book Review: Danielsson, Sarah K. The Explorer's Roadmap to National Socialism: Sven Hedin, Geography and the Path to Genocide in Historical Geography, Vol. 41 (2013).
- Book Review: Reisser, Wesley J. The Black Book: Woodrow Wilson's Secret Plan for Peace in The Portolan, Issue 85 (Winter 2012), pp. 56-57.
- Book Review: Leitch, Stephanie. Mapping Ethnography in Early Modern Germany in Alpata, No. 9 (2012), pp. 122-124.
- Book Review: Constantine, Simon. Social Relations in the Estate Villages of Mecklenburg, c. 1880-1924 in Labor History, Vol. 52, No. 3 (2011), pp. 363-365.
- Book Review: Hubbard, Bill Jr. American Boundaries: The Nation, the States, the Rectangular Survey in Material Culture, Vol. 43, No. 2 (Fall 2011), pp. 86-87.
- Book Review: Chang, David A. The Color of the Land: Race, Nation, and the Politics of Landownership in Oklahoma, 1832-1929 in Southern Historian, Vol. 32 (2011), pp. 98-100.
- 2015 - Georg Eckert Institute Research Fellowship (Braunschweig)
- 2014 - Executive Director's Award for Teaching Excellence (University of New Mexico-Gallup)
- 2012 - Wilkerson Dissertation Research Award (University of Florida)
- 2012 - Helen and John S. Best Research Fellowship (American Geographical Society Library)
- 2012 - Internationales Stipendiatenprogramm (Leibnitz-Institut fuer Laenderkunde)
- 2011 - Graduate Student Award for Teaching Excellence (University of Florida)
- 2011 - Ralph Brown Award for Best Master's Paper (Association of American Geographers)
- 2009 - Walter W. Ristow International Prize in the History of Cartography (Washington Map Society)