My name is Sarah Llanque I am excited to teach in the Nursing Program. I have been an RN since 2002 and a Nurse Practitioner since 2017. I have worked in geriatrics, with Alzheimer's patients, in the Emergency Room, Case Management, and in Primary Care. I completed a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Cancer, Aging, and End of Life care in 2015 at the University of Utah. My research focus was caregiving for Alzheimer's caregivers, and Chronic disease interventions that are culturally appropriate for Native American Elders.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Utah, 2013-2015, T32 Cancer, Aging, and End-of-Life care
- Ph.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City, 2011, Nursing/Gerontology
- Post-Master's Certificate, Jacksonville University, 2017, Family Nurse Practitioner
- M.S.N., Walden University, 2006, Nursing Leadership and Management
- B.S.N., Jacksonville University, 2003
- A.S.N., Santa Fe College, 2002
- NURS 239: Pathophysiology 1
- NMNC 3135: Principles of Nursing Practice
I have taught both online, face to face, and hybrid nursing classes since since 2012.
- Tanner, C., Llanque, S. M., et al. Letter to the Editor: With All Due Respect: Paving the Way for Nursing Students With Disabilities. In press. Manuscript number: JPN-D-21-295. Submitted Jun 03, 2021.
- 2012 - "The family series workshop: a community-based psychoeducational intervention." Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 2015 Sep;30(6):573-83. doi: 10.1177/1533317514568003.Epub 2015 Jan 20.
- White, J. V., & Llanque, S. M. (2021, Nov. 5 @ 11:00 AM). Promising Practices in Diversity Education Serving Native American Populations. UNM Gallup's 2021 Diversity Summit.
- Llanque, S. M., Perales, C. A., & Bautista, L. (2021, Nov. 4 @ 1:35 PM). Students issues resulting from pandemic and post pandemic: Nursing Student issues resulting from the pandemic. UNM Gallup's 2021 Diversity Summit.
- Llanque, S. M., & Bautista, L. (2021, August 5-7). Creative Teaching strategies for Academic Writing for Nursing Students in an Online Environment [Poster Presentation]. Presented at NurseTim's Conference; Nuts & Bolts for Nurse Educators, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Llanque, S. M., & Perales, C. A. (2020, November 6). Utilizing Virtual Simulation to deliver clinical education in an online environment [Conference session]. Presented at the Faculty Online Teaching Extravaganza [OTEx], University of New Mexico Valencia Campus.
- Llanque, S. M. (2020, November 6). Give me a Break: Using breaks during online classes and its impact on sitting too much [Conference session]. Presented at the Faculty Online Teaching Extravaganza [OTEx], University of New Mexico Valencia Campus.
- 2014 - Butler Williams Scholar, attended the Summer Institute on Aging Research hosted by the National Institute of Health (NIH)/ National Institute on Aging (NIA), Bethesda, MD