Hiking in nature, whether alone or with others, is high on my list of things to do to relax, Making art and cooking new food gives me great pleasure. Time with my family is my highest priority. My study of Tai Chi helps to keep my mind clear and my body flexible.
- Ed.D., University of Massachusetts Amherst, expected September 1, 2014, Children, Families, & Schools;
- Graduate Certificate in Advance Feminist Studies, University of Massachusetts Amherst, expected September 1, 2014;
- M.S., Bank Street College of Education, New York City, 2003, Early Childhood and Elementary Education;
- B.S., The Graduate School and University Center, C.U.N.Y. Baccalaureate Program, New York City, 1983, Studio Art, Art Education, and Women's Studies.
- ECME 101 - Child Growth, Development, and Learning
- ECME 103 - Health, Safety, & Nutrition for Young Children
- ECME 111- Family, School, & Community Collaboration I
- EDUC 293 - Social Studies Curriculum Development
- Courses for adult, C.C.T.E., and Middle College HS students. Areas of specialization: multicultural teacher education, culturally responsive pedagogy, pre-service & in-service supervision, social justice education, intercultural training, and family-school-community partnerships; Workshops in C.D.A. Portfolio Development, N.M.T.A. Preparation, and Essay Writing.
- 2015 - "Expanding One's Thinking About Extended Family: Working with Navajo Children and Youth" Article accepted for revision by Young Children, the official journal of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, Washington, DC.
- 2003 - Contributing author in Sonia Nieto's What Keeps Teachers Going? Teachers College Press, NYC
- 2013 - Sarah Belle Brown Community Service Award nominee, an UNMG-ABQ annual award for one faculty, staff, and student to carries UNM Mission into their community work.
- 2012 - Outstanding Student Service Award, a student initiative facilitated by UNM Gallup Faculty Senate.
- 2011 - Outstanding Community Service Award, UNM Gallup Faculty Senate regonignition award.