UNM-GALLUP STUDENT SENATE SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE IS APRIL 23, 2021.
BY UNM-GALLUP STUDENT SENATE
April 12, 2021
The UNM-Gallup Student Senate is currently accepting applications for its $700 scholarship. According to the Student Senate bylaws, 10 scholarships per semester are to be awarded to students attending the UNM-Gallup campus. The deadline for scholarship consideration is April 23, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program at UNM-Gallup. Non-degree and unclassified students are ineligible.
- Applicant must have completed at least 12 credit hours at the college level.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 and submit a copy of an unofficial transcript.
- Applicants are required to submit an essay with a cover sheet to include name, e-mail, phone number, and date submitted. The essay should be one page with Times New Roman 12-point font, one-inch margins, and 1.5 line spacing. The essay must include:
- Education and career goals
- Special achievements and awards
- Community or campus involvement
- Financial need is not a consideration for this scholarship
For Student Senate Applicants:
A self-evaluation essay must be submitted along with scholarship qualifications. The self-evaluation essay must include the following:
- Description of partial or full responsibility for at least one major Student Senate project per semester.
- Amount of time spent on Student Senate projects outside of regular meetings.
- Active participation in regular meetings as well as punctuality for meetings.
For more information and to download a scholarship application, please visit https://www.gallup.unm.edu/studentsenate/
From UNM-Gallup Student to Dental Assisting Instructor, Neysa Cox Achieves Educational and Career Success.
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301