GOVERNOR'S 4.30 COVID-19 UPDATE
April 30, 2020 - The governorâ€™s regularly scheduled COVID-19 update today on her official Facebook page provided some new information summarized below in case you were not able to tune in (the update was still in progress at the time we published this update):
- 3,411 total NM cases; 198 new cases today (down from 239 yesterday)
- Testing capacity continues to build â€“ more surveillance testing, sampling
- McKinley Co. has more cases than Albuquerque / Bernalillo County
- Stay at r formally extended to May 15
- We are bending the curve, but still analyzing data to determine future actions
- Everyone needs to wear a face covering when leaving the house
- Whatâ€™s next:
- Navajo Nation Rapid Response team announced, including a representative from UNM Health Sciences.
- May 1 Openings:
- May 1: non-essential retailers can operate via curbside pickup and delivery service.
- State parks to reopen on a modified day-use-only basis. Camping and visitor centers will remain closed.
- Pet services permitted to operate.
- Golf courses allowed to open for golf onlyâ€”no dine-in food service or retail.
- Whatâ€™s still closed:
- Instruction to stay at home remains in place
- Offices, workspaces, retailers
- Dine-in restaurants & bars
- Indoor malls, gyms, salons, theaters, casinos
- Mass gatherings prohibited
- 14-day quarantine order remains in place for out-of-state airport arrivals
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301