GOVERNOR'S COVID-19 UPDATE 4.22
April 22, 2020 - From the governor’s update this afternoon, the following news was shared publicly:
- Total positive cases in New Mexico stand at 2,210 (over 40,000 tested) and 121 hospitalizations. McKinley County remains a virus hot spot with an infection rate 7 times higher than many other parts of the state.
- Testing is available at 64 sites in all counties. To find a testing site near you, visit the NM Dept. of Health COVID-19 testing directory.
- Some good news: We have flattened the curve for the state of New Mexico (though some regions are still seeing a large number of cases); though we are cautioned that this is just from one week of data.
- Reopening requires a number of elements to be in place: 1) New case rates need to be declining; 2) Adequate testing to achieve containment; 3) Contact tracing; 4) Personal Protective Equipment; 5) Hospital capacity; 6) Healthcare worker health and wellbeing; 7) Outbreak containment plan.
- Accelerating readiness for Gallup alternate care sites.
The governor's update was still going at time of publishing our CV update, but you can get the latest state updates here.
From UNM-Gallup Student to Dental Assisting Instructor, Neysa Cox Achieves Educational and Career Success.
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301