GOVERNOR'S COVID-19 UPDATE 4.22
Categories: Students Faculty Staff Community
April 22, 2020 - From the governor’s update this afternoon, the following news was shared publicly:
- Total positive cases in New Mexico stand at 2,210 (over 40,000 tested) and 121 hospitalizations. McKinley County remains a virus hot spot with an infection rate 7 times higher than many other parts of the state.
- Testing is available at 64 sites in all counties. To find a testing site near you, visit the NM Dept. of Health COVID-19 testing directory.
- Some good news: We have flattened the curve for the state of New Mexico (though some regions are still seeing a large number of cases); though we are cautioned that this is just from one week of data.
- Reopening requires a number of elements to be in place: 1) New case rates need to be declining; 2) Adequate testing to achieve containment; 3) Contact tracing; 4) Personal Protective Equipment; 5) Hospital capacity; 6) Healthcare worker health and wellbeing; 7) Outbreak containment plan.
- Accelerating readiness for Gallup alternate care sites.
The governor's update was still going at time of publishing our CV update, but you can get the latest state updates here.
UNM-Gallup unveils new Teaching Resource Center
7 UNM-G students win state SkillsUSA gold
UNM-Gallup hires new dean of instruction
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301
Explore more News options:
UNM-G News UNM-G Events Speakers Bureau Press Release Archives Photo Album archive