VIRTUAL ACTIVITIES AND RESOURCES
April 16, 2020 - Staying home and staying apart is never easy—especially during a health emergency. We’ve pulled together a list of local and national virtual resources as recommendations for staying busy, active, and mindful while at home. Feel free to check back often as we add to this page and update available virtual offerings we come across—and send us your recommendations!
- Visit the Library of Congress Digital Collections
- Explore the Hidden Worlds of the National Parks
- Visit some of these famous museums
- Go Live with a Dinosaur expert at the Indianapolis Children’s Museum
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- Throw a Netflix Party with your friends and family
- Enjoy NFL GamePass through 5/31 for free
- Visit the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center’s Virtual Guide
- Join Planet Fitness Work-Ins Daily on Facebook
- Follow UNM-Gallup’s Frank Sanchez on YouTube for Workouts
- Explore the area with this interactive U.S. Forest Service Map
- Run the virtual Shiprock Marathon: http://www.shiprockmarathon.com/
- Learn a new professional skill through LinkedIn Learning
- Try the Calm app for daily meditations—free trial and meditations available
- Attend Yoga class daily free through Core Power Yoga
- The sun is shining and the birds are chirping! Are you feeling inspired to create 2D birds for ART123 Gallery's next window display? Make them in any medium--let your imagination fly! Then mail them to 123 W. Coal Ave. Gallup, NM 87301!
Additionally, UNM student services has a page of virtual activities (that inspired our list)!
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301