WI-FI & TECHNOLOGY UPDATES
April 13, 2020 - For the benefit of our UNM-Gallup community members, we want to update you on the following resources for Wi-Fi access in the Gallup area and within the Navajo Nation:
- The Navajo Nation’s Department of Information Technology has established a temporary
outdoor drive-up Wi-Fi service at the Navajo Nation Zoo parking lot in Window Rock. College
and university students—including UNM-Gallup students—may utilize this for schoolwork only
and are required to remain in their vehicle.
Wi-Fi Name: NN-Student-WIF-2.4G
Wi-Fi Name: NN-Student-WiF-5g
- The Navajo Nation signed the “Keeping Americans Connected” pledge this past Friday, April 10, to provide and strengthen Internet access for Navajo students, small businesses, and residents. As part of this pledge, the Navajo Nation will continue to work with specific carriers to set up Wi-Fi hotspot connections for students residing on the Navajo Nation—among several other efforts. To read the full press release, click here.
- Commercial Internet Options:
- In response to the COVID-19 emergency, Comcast is offering service to new customers free for two months, and increasing speed for existing customers.
- Centurylink offers financial assistance for Internet access through the FCC's Lifeline program. They are also waiving late fees for customers for the next 60 days as part of their COVID-19 response.
- Xfinity WiFi Hotspots in out-of-home locations are available for free to anyone who needs them to support communities through this challenging time. Follow instructions at xfinity.com/wifi to join a hotspot.
- Choice Wireless NTUA student discount:
- UNM also offers discounts on technology, including Dell laptops. Please visit the LoboPerks site to explore available discounts.
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301