Community Resource Listing
March 26, 2020 - For the benefit of our community, here is a reference list of community resources. We will update this list as new resources are identified and become available. Compiled by Jayme McMahon, Director of Student Affairs.
- Local medical hotlines for medical advice regarding symptoms:
GIMC at 505-726-5888 or RMCH at 505-236-1074
- Information for New Mexico residents who may be experiencing financial hardship:
- Workforce/Job Assistance:
- McKinley County Office of Emergency Management Facebook Page
- For non-medical issues such as questions about the impact of school closures and job issues, call the Coronavirus Information Hotline: 1-833-551-0518
- College Student COVID-19 Relief Guide
- Mental Health & Crisis Resources
TAO: A Guide to Therapy Assistance Online
How To Access Tao (Video)
New Mexico Crisis & Access Hotline 1-855-NMCRISIS (662-7474)
Agora Crisis Center
- Health & Wellness
Openfit is a digital streaming platform with hundreds of on-demand and live workouts as well as nutrition planning and tracking, all designed to help you stay fit and healthy from home. You must register with your .edu email address or access will be removed. Use the code STUDENT when registering.
The following are resources related to Title IX concerns (domestic violence, sexual assault, etc.)
Futures without Violence: Information on COVID-19 for Survivors, Communities, and DV/SA Programs
National Domestic Violence Hotline: Staying Safe During COVID-19
Department of Defense Safe Helpline (Service Members)
Safe HelpRoom is a group chat service that allows survivors of sexual assault in the military to connect with, and support one another in a moderated and secure online environment. Safe HelpRoom discussions have a moderator who can provide referrals and help keep the conversation focused on survivors’ needs as well as a reviewer who ensures all participants adhere to the Ground Rules.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
(800) 799-7233 | (800) 787-3224 (TTY)
Staffed 24 hours a day by trained counselors who can provide crisis assistance and information about shelters, legal advocacy, health care centers, and counseling.
Text: Text LOVEIS to 22522
National Sexual Assault Hotline
(800) 656-HOPE (4673) | Chat: https://www.rainn.org/get-help
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301