GIMC Vaccine Event
February 4, 2021 - The Gallup Indian Medical Center (GIMC) has a COVID-19 vaccination event scheduled on Saturday, February 6 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The event will be held at the UNM-Gallup Physical Education Complex.
American Indians/Alaska Natives from Gallup Service Unit who receive a majority of their healthcare at GIMC may receive the COVID-19 vaccines at this event. Priority groups include:
- Individuals, 65 years and older
- Individuals, ages 16 to 64 years, meeting one of the following criteria:
- Solid organ transplant on immunosuppression
- Down syndrome
- Current cancer
- CKD stage 3-5
- Obesity (BMI over 30)
- Heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathy
- Immunocompromised state from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, or use of immune-weakening medicines
- Cerebrovascular disease (previous stroke)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Neurologic conditions such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Overweight (BMI 25-30)
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Sickle Cell Disease or Thalassemia
- Home caregivers of the elderly or of dependent individuals at high risk of severe COVID
All visitors should remain in their vehicles and wear a face mask at all times. Due to the demand for the vaccine, long lines and extended wait times should be expected. Be prepared by bringing food, water, and any other necessities while you wait.
Please have your medical record number readily available in order to verify your information. The CDC recommends to not receive the COVID-19 vaccine within two weeks of receiving other vaccines. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that reinfection with COVID-19 is possible, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. If you were treated for COVID-19 symptoms with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
All COVID-19 vaccinations are voluntary. Frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines, including information on vaccine safety, are available from the CDC at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html.
For more information, contact the GIMC Public Information Officer at (505) 722-1172 or (505)722-1510.
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301