GOVERNOR'S COVID-19 UPDATE MAY 28
May 28, 2020 - Some highlights from the governorâ€™s update today:
- 7,364 total cases / 108 new today.
- 335 deaths / 6 new death announced today.
- 183,544 total tests conducted.
- Rapid Response teams initiated on Monday (6/1) to focus on tribal populations, long-term care facilities, healthcare, restaurants, and utilities.
- Effective June 1:
- Restaurants may operate indoor dine-in service at 50% of maximum occupancy in accordance with COVID-Safe practices.
- Hair salons, barbershops, tattoo parlors may operate at 25% of maximum occupancy. Clients seen on appointment-only basis.
- Indoor malls may open at 25% of occupancy.
- Gyms may operate at 50% of maximum occupancy.
- Additional state parks will reopen in phases.
- Drive-in Theaters permitted.
- 14-day quarantine order for airport arrivals; some business travel permitted without quarantine with COVID-Safe practices.
- For the first time, the entire state is on the same health orderâ€”McKinley County is included! All regions are trending as they should. Good news!
- Wearing masks in public, handwashing, and isolating when sick are still in place.
From UNM-Gallup Student to Dental Assisting Instructor, Neysa Cox Achieves Educational and Career Success.
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301