UNM-Gallup Automotive Department
The University of New Mexico-Gallup Branch Automotive Department continues to offer excellent instruction in past, current, and trending automotive repair and maintenance. Our commitment to student success comes with community partnerships investing in the success of the program. Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) faculty guide you through the learning process in this great field of analytic and strategic approach to repairs, maintenance, and new build of automotive equipment.
Your education here at the University of New Mexico-Gallup Branch Automotive Department is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and School. We are also a regional ASE testing site for your Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications that all automotive employers require.
Our commitment to provide you with a quality education in the field of automotive equipment includes tutoring, advising, career guidance, all for you to complete your goals in this exciting field of study.
Why Automotive at UNM-Gallup?
- Each enrolled student will have the opportunity to receive hands-on training in past and present vehicle repair and maintenance, equipment, the latest technologies, and tools that are used in shops around the automotive industry.
- Technicians in today’s industry don’t just wok with hand tools because the automotive industry is ever changing and becoming more technology-based and has become reliant on computers and innovations.
- UNM-G Automotive Technology program is designed to prepare students for career opportunities with participating dealerships, sponsored companies and independent local automotive businesses.
What will you learn?
- Enrolled students will learn fundamental automotive services and approved ASE curricula from basic engine services, to computerized fuel delivery systems, anti-lock braking systems, steering and suspension systems, computerized engine and transmission controls and much more.
- The training provided will have an emphasis on basic skills and principles which allow participants to adapt to new and changing technologies.
- Entering students will study through class lectures and hands on training and further study in the ASE automotive specialty areas of A1-A8
- Use critical thinking and establish a framework to provide safe and effective services for the students, college campus and community.
- Display professionalism, communication skills, including a commitment to lifelong learning.