UNM-GALLUP ADJUSTS FALL CALENDAR IN RESPONSE TO RISING COVID-19 CASES
November 16, 2020 - UNM-Gallup announced today that it has adjusted its remaining fall calendar and limited campus operations to implement additional precautions as the state of New Mexico and McKinley County experience a rise in COVID-19 cases. The calendar and operations changes outlined below also align with recent changes made to the UNM main campus fall academic calendar:
- Fall in-person instruction will end on Monday, November 23rd. UNM-Gallup will be in an all-remote instruction and exam period from November 30 to December 12.
- This week (November 16 to November 22) is a transition week. Instructors are encouraged to offer classes remotely, where possible, and to complete all face-to-face classes by November 21 at 5 p.m.
- After Thanksgiving, most faculty, staff, and students will work remotely and offices and buildings will, for the most part, be physically locked.
- Students in clinical rotations will continue until the end of the fall semester as long as it safe to do so to assure that they are able to meet program requirements.
- The UNM-Gallup campus bookstore is closed now through November 23 for system upgrades. The bookstore will be open for curbside pickup only on November 24 and November 25; and on November 30, December 2, and December 4 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on those dates.
- The Zollinger Library will provide curbside pickup only this week, Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and next week, Monday through Wednesday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- UNM-Gallup will be closed over winter break from December 24 to January 3.
Additionally, the UNM-Gallup fitness trail is closed beginning today, November 16, through November 30 in accordance with the governor’s public health order announced on Friday, November 13, that directs the closure of outdoor recreational facilities for the duration of the public health order. The UNM-Gallup physical education complex remains closed as well.
As a reminder, the New Mexico Department of Health is offering drive-up COVID-19 testing on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the UNM-Gallup Lions Hall parking lot. Pre-registration is preferred but not required at cvtestreg.nmhealth.org
Chartered as a community college more than five decades ago, UNM-Gallup operates under the aegis of the University of New Mexico as Gallup’s branch campus. Although our priority has always been to serve the community as a two-year college, our association with UNM has allowed us to be flexible and stretch as the need arrives. As the largest of the four UNM branch campuses, we serve approximately 2,200 students.
The University of New Mexico - Gallup
705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301