Thank you for your interest in the TRIO/SSS Program at the University of New Mexico-Gallup Branch. The TRIO/SSS Program and the Lobo Academy Summer Program is open to students who meet one or more of the following: students must be considered a qualified first-generation, low income and/or students from a disadvantaged background/circumstances and have a documented disability (physical and/or learning). Students must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
Applications are reviewed every week. You will be contacted via UNM email and mail with the decision of your application. If you have any questions, please call the TRIO/SSS Office at 505-863-7751.
For the TRIO/SSS 2018/2019 aid year
- Be admitted to University of New Mexico- Gallup campus
- Complete and return the TRIO/SSS application
- Complete and sign the TRIO/SSS Application.
- Submit 2017 Federal Taxes. For dependent students: if you were required to report your parents’/guardians’ income information on the FAFSA, they will need to submit their 2017 Federal Taxes.
- If no 2017 Federal Taxes were filed, please complete the TRIO Income Verification Form.
- Complete the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit all official high school and college transcripts to UNM-G Admissions office.
Note: A first-generation college student is defined as a student whose parent(s)/legal guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor's degree by your 18th birthday. This means that you are the first in your family to attend a two-year and/or four-year college/university to earn an associate’s and/or bachelor's degree. Being first-generation is a very proud accomplishment.