What We Do
One of the primary objectives of the Campus Police is to make students, faculty and staff feel safe and secure by being highly visible. Officers wear blue uniforms while on patrol and carry radios that enable them to speak with other law enforcement personnel. They are responsible for enforcing parking policies and the student code of conduct on the campus at UNM-G.
UNM-Gallup Campus Police
Monday - Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
Campus Safety and Security
Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
UNM-G Security Practices
Campus Police are on duty
Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 10:00pm,
Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm and on
Saturdays 8:00am to 3:00pm.
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency & Escort Service:
(505) 863-7620 - 979-3835
(505) 979-3834 - (505) 862-1828
- Director of Students Affairs:
- Gallup Police Dept. Non-Emergency:
- McKinley County Sheriff Non-Emergency:
- NM State Police Non-emergency:
- McKinley County Metropolitan Dispatch Authority: (505) 722-2002
If you don't have a cell phone or it is after 5:00 pm there is a pay phone outside the front of Gurley Hall.
We pride ourselves on having a safe and secure campus, but please always be aware and alert to any instances that may require assistance.